McCausland Center for Brain Imaging
Our center is located in the main Palmetto Health Richland Heart Hospital (2nd floor, ask for directions to 3T MRI). If you have a GPS, set 6 Medical Park Road, Columbia, South Carolina 29203 as your destination (near the intersection with Sunset). There is free covered parking near the entrance (red arrow on map). Once in the hospital, you can ask for the 3T Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
Directions to MRI from University of South Carolina main campus
- Take Bull Street away from Campus (You will continue past Elmwood)
- Take Right on Harden (After DHEC Building on your right))
- Take left onto Medical Park Rd (next light)
- Take a right into the Heart Hospital covered garage
- Enter the Heart Hospital main entrance and walk to the water fall along the back wall.
- Take a right and follow that hallway until you see a large set of windows on your right looking outside.
- The next door on your left is the 3T MRI and has a lighted doorbell.
- Call us at 434-8219 if you get lost at the Hospital
Individuals interested in participating in a brain-imaging study, or students who are interested in training should directly contact the scientists who lead the research teams. If you are teacher who is interested in a tour, or are a scientist who is interested in using our facility, please contact one of the directors:
- Dr. Chris Rorden, Ph.D. & Dr. Julius Fridriksson, Ph.D. (Co-Directors) : Rorden - (803) 404-2573 Cell
- Dr. Roger D. Newman-Norlund, Ph.D. (Managing Director) : (803) 530-6793 Cell : (803) 434-8031 MRI Office firstname.lastname@example.org