- 2011- McCausland Center for Brain Imaging. Co-director
- 2011- Department of Psychology, University of South Carolina. Professor, endowed chair
- 2009-2011 GeorgiaState/GeorgiaTech Center for Advanced Brain Imaging. Director
- 2009-2011 School of Psychology, Georgia Institute of Technology. Professor
- 2005-2009 Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of South Carolina. Associate professor
- 2000-2005 School of Psychology, University of Nottingham. Lecturer [2000-2003]; Reader [2004-2005]
- 1998-1999 Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London . Senior research fellow
- 1996-1997 Psychology Department, Birkbeck College. Senior research fellow
- 1996-2000 Cognition & Brain Sciences Unit, Medical Research Council. Visiting scientist
- 1993-1996 Cambridge University PhD, experimental psychology.
- 1992-1993 St. Andrews University honors exchange student.
- 1989-1993 University of California, San Diego B.A. hons., psychology.
- 2016-2020: Project leader (neuroimaging core), project leader (project 3), Center for the Study of Aphasia Recovery (C-STAR). P50 DC014664 $11,100,000.
- 2015-2020: co-I, Integrative functions of the planum temporale NIH R01 DC009659 $1,829,676.
- 2015-2017: co-I, Speech entrainment treatment for broca's aphasia NIH R21 DC014170. $275,000.
- 2014-2019: co-I, Brain Connectivity Supporting Language Recovery In Aphasia. NIH R01 DC014021.
- 2012-2017: co-I, Using tDCS to treat aphasia: A Phase II trial. NIH U01 DC017863. $4,680,000.
- 2009-2011: co-PI, Processing discourse reference in mind and brain. NIH R21AG030445 . $345,000.
- 2009-2013: co-PI, The neural basis of processing discourse reference. NSF 0822617.$299,236.
- 2009-2014: JPI, A Unified Neuroanatomical Model of Speech Production and Perception: Implications for Apraxia of Speech and Conduction Aphasia. NIH R01 DC009571. $1,062,500.
- 2008-2009 PI, NIH Neuroimaging Informatics Tools and Resources Clearinghouse (NITRC) NOT-EB-08-002 Supplement. $50,000
- 2008-2009: co-Principal investigator, Processing discourse reference in mind and brain. NIH R21 AG030445. $345,413.
- 2007-2012: co-Investigator, Neurological Predictors of Anomia Recovery in Aphasia, NIH NIDCD R01 DC008355. Direct budget: $1,125,000.
- 2006-2011: PI, Dissociating Components of the Attentional Network in Neglect NIH R01 NS054266 Direct budget $1,025,000.
- 2003-2008: co-PI: Brain Mechanisms of Perceptual Extinction Following Stroke NIH NINDS R01 042047: Direct budget $820,800.
- 2005: co-PI: Medical Research Council and EPSRC program grant. Morris, Bowtell, Francis, Glover, Gowland, Hall, Jackson, Liddle, Palmer, and Rorden. Functional Neuroimaging at Ultra-High-Field [7Tesla] ~3,450,000 USD
- 2002-2005: co-PI: Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council: Jackson, Rorden, Liddle. Cognitive control of action: A behavioural & brain imaging study, ~480,000 USD
- 2000-2004: PI: Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council PhD studentship: Frontal and parietal lobe involvement in perception and saccade programming